Hotels.nl privacy statement
This privacy statement is part of and covers the Hotels.nl website. Hotels.nl respects the privacy of all visitors of the website www.hotels.nl and ensures that all your personal data is treated confidentially. If you do not fully agree with this privacy statement, you should not use this website.
Which data is processed?
The data Hotels.nl processes can be placed into two categories:
- Personal data, which you fill in yourself on the booking form, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- 'Traffic data', which entails that your computer's IP address is logged and your 'surfing behaviour' on the Hotels.nl website is monitored.
1. Personal data
If you wish to book a hotel via our website, we will ask you for some personal data in order to identify you. This information is used to process and handle your booking and to email you your booking status. We will only send you an email in the following cases:
- As confirmation of your booking / alteration or cancellation. After you have made a booking, you'll receive a confirmation email with all the information regarding your booking. You'll also receive a confirmation email after changing or cancelling your booking.
- To ask for your feedback on the hotel: A week after staying in the hotel you'll receive an email requesting you to evaluate the hotel.
- To inform you about hotel deals if you've signed up to receive the email newsletter. However, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the link provided in the newsletter.
- If you've made a double booking, you'll automatically receive an email to check whether it's your intention to make more than one booking.
- A reminder email a few days prior to your arrival date.
- If you have not used your reservation and have not contacted us in advance to inform us that you will not be using your reservation (i.e. a no-show).
- To the hotel where you will be staying. We will pass on booking information to the hotel that you have booked.
- If Hotels.nl is legally bound to do so. Although Hotels.nl will do everything it can to safeguard the privacy of users of its website, Hotels.nl might be requested by law to provide information given to us by you when booking a hotel room. Hotels.nl may disclose your personal data, if it can be forced to do so under legal obligation, or in case it thinks in good faith that this course of action is necessary to a) cooperate with a legal procedure against Hotels.nl or its website; b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Hotels.nl, the website, or its users; c) to act in emergencies to protect the personal safety of users of Hotels.nl, the website or the community.
2. Traffic data
Traffic data is obtained by:
- Log files We use log files, just like most standard website servers. In these log files we store data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referral/closing pages, platform type, date/time info and the number of clicks for the purpose of trend analysis, site management, tracing user movements in data collection, tracking problems with our servers and the collection of demographic data for general use. IP addresses and the like, are not linked to personal data.
Hotels.nl reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If you have any questions and/or comments with regards to this statement, please email email@example.com